Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Forgotten homeless

I have been homeless with a eight year old for 3 months. It is amazing that 3 months ago I had m no idea how many people are homeless. None of My friends no. My family either. There are so many people I met college educated, veterans, Children, ect. People who are not leazy,  victims of one wrong move now forced to the streets.

Never have I felt so overwhelmed, worthless, forgotten, useless as I do today,. I never can sleep in,  haze a home cooked meal, I don't even no if I'll have a safe place to park.

I've been reading about the homeless epidemic and I am left with more questions than than answers.  Such as if this is such a problem why hasn't it been baught up in election 2016?.

I am disabled on a fixed income and I still can not get access to a shelter. The other day a shellter called us back and declined us because my son had terrets syndrome.  The funcding from the government only covers transgender, illegal, refugees, children.

I belive in helping all. However there is something seriously flawed here. How can anyone quality for a program with priority simply because they are gay or from another country?

So you, mean to tell me I work 20 years paying taxes.  My son is born with a condition he can not control. On the other hand the person who is gay, weather or not right of wrong, have the ability to cancel sexuslity they don't need to even be from America, never even needed to pary one tax into the funds.  Funding that Very program. Why are they priority? Who advocates for innocent American children. Why are there so many Shelters not

accepting children?

We have section 8 yet no one accepts it. They take it back in 30 of a hot can't find a apartment
. Landlord claims they don't take it because section 8 won't pay enough.  I thought section 8 was supposed to subsidize your rent to fair Market rate. Every Where I'm looking section 8 is about 600 to low making it even more impossible to find a place to move. Where does section 8 get the rent maximum from? How is it calculated?

I recently tried to kill myself from the pressures no one cares. They revive you throw you back into the streets and tell you good luck.

Does homeless vote count? Are our issues important. What will it take it how many people have to be homeless for the issue ti make it to election 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment